Wednesday, February 7, 2007

OMG!!!!! Dinner w/ The Chinese Family

OK, remember when I posted about the little girl who was lost in Wally World a few weeks ago? That same little girl and her family was back over the weekend. I am especially nice to them when they come it now. I usually just say things like "Welcome to WalMart" or "You all looking for something special today?" - but since I kind of know these people I asked them if they need of my help in shopping. They need no help so I just go back to the front of the store where it is freezing cold.

On their way out they asked if I wanted to join them next Sunday for services at their church. I started to cry and said of course I will. I can't wait. I am sure that I will have dinner too. Just a feeling I get. I hope they sing in english because I still don't know any songs in Chinese!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's okay. Just sing in English when they sing in Chinese. The Lord knows no language...
p.s. why do you greeters give out those yellow smiley stickers? Sometimes I get one, sometimes not. Is it a secret sign?

Anonymous said...

you can just make Chinese sounds in tune with the music. You know, just go like chung king chung king. No one will be able to tell. I like chung king chow mein. hey, that sounds like a song, "i like chung king chow mein." and it mentions God too, you know, the king who makes the mein.
So, why is Rice-a-Roni the San Franciso treat? Isn't it chinese too? and didn't marco polo bring back spattini spahetti sauce from china to go with the lasagna? Food is as confusing as it is tasty.
OOOO! Make sure to bring Sunkist for the alter.

faith said...

Oh Mockingbird, I am SO EXCITED for you!! Thats this weekend? Please tell us all about it. What if you only have chopsticks to eat with? Have you ever tried to eat with them. It is IMPOSSIBLE! Maybe when nobody is looking, you can just grab some food with your fingers.

What kind of church will it be? For singing Chinese, I agree wtih the hungry heavenly choir. You also can just open and close your mouth and pretend you know the words. Just make sure you humm the hymns (hey, I just made a tongue twister) very loud so everyone knows your excitment. Maybe this will be your future church with little Mocking Bird.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

OMG though what if it isn't a CHRISTIAN church?

Anonymous said...

If it isn't a Christian church, you should turn around 3 times, loudly state "I cast thee out, Satan!" and walk away.
Don't look back...remember what happened to Lot's wife.